InLine’s network and construction teams designed a citywide network enabling Murfreesboro public safety locations to share resources and exchange information between the protected Police Headquarters LAN servers and all police and fire precincts.
The system also enables these locations to share information between each location as well as deliver Internet access from one central point. Due to the sensitive nature of the information being shared, InLine advised the customer on a VPN solution using 3DES encryption that protects the Police Headquarters LAN from any attacks from the wireless side of the WAN. It also prevents any hackers from penetrating the network from either the wireless or the wired side of the network, and by design, created a double firewall between the Internet and the end-user department networks.
This network enables the sharing of all network resources including, but not limited to; Internet Access, Firewall, Content Filter, network servers, printers, workstations, anti-virus server, and DHCP server. InLine designed the network layout, installed as specified, and provided all the electronics and hardware for the network including the wireless equipment, towers, switches, and firewalls.
- Population: 50,000+ citizens
- Number of users: 1000+
- Geographic size: 35 square miles
- Complete city limit to city limit coverage
- Mobile data connections up to 3Mbps @ over 60 MPH
- Over 70 square miles of mobile data coverage using only six tower sites
- Fully redundant hybrid fiber & wireless backbone system
- Fixed data connections ranging from 1.5Mbps to 1Gbps