When the Alabama Department of Transportation identified the need for better management of their Hurricane Evacuation I-65 Contra-Flow Operations, they turned to the experts at InLine. InLine’s engineers and construction teams designed and built a network that stretches from Mobile to Montgomery along I-65 and supports hundreds of users. This network is designed to provide real-time video and traffic radar sensor data to ALDOT Central Office, ALDOT 6th Division Headquarters in Montgomery, and ALDOT 9th Division Headquarters in Mobile.
This network is extremely important to the State of Alabama. ALDOT chose InLine as the only company with the expertise and ability to perform the design and deployment of such an important project.
ALDOT relied on InLine for this job because they know that the Hurricane Evacuation Route network is a system that MUST work under the harshest of conditions. In order to provide ALDOT with the ability to effectively manage the I-65 southern contra-flow crossover, which is located in a remote area of south Alabama, InLine designed this system to provide wireless high-speed mobile data and internet connectivity to ALDOT vehicles in that area, so that they can tap into the camera system from equipped on-site and in-route vehicles during an emergency evacuation.
- I-65 Hurricane Evacuation Route Network
- Real-Time Camera System
- Real-Time Traffic Radar Sensor Data
- Real-Time Management of I-65 Corridor for Contra-Flow Evacuations
- Network stretches 180 miles from Mobile to Montgomery
- Provides Emergency VoIP Services between key ALDOT offices
- Leased service providing a managed network with total system maintenance
- Utilizes both Wireless and Fiber Network Circuits
View ALDOT Case Study